Polyalphaolefin (PAO) – Synthetic Base Oil
PAOs are used in many synthetic products such as lubricants, greases and fluids, and have emerged as essential components in many industries and applications.
The increase in PAO applications is largely driven by the stability of the PAO molecule, a highly purified ethylene derivative. This stability, along with a host of other unique performance characteristics, makes PAOs far superior to mineral oils in a variety of uses.
PAOs have many advantages over mineral oils:
- Greater oxidative stability
- Superior volatility
- Excellent low-temperature viscosities
- Consistent, quality basestock
- Extremely high viscosity index
- Excellent pour points
- Pure petrochemical feedstocks